Introduction to CFD Analysis: Theory and Applications
20 - 21 November 2013, Wiesbaden, Germany
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at practising engineers who wish to learn more about how to apply CFD techniques to their particular problems in the most effective manner. The material that is presented is independent of any particular software package, making it ideally suited to current and potential users of all commercial CFD software systems. The numerous practical examples will be explained without the use of any software program. This course is a must for all engineers aiming to use CFD as a reliable predictive tool for flow analysis.
The course is open to both members and non-members of NAFEMS.
· Introduction / Motivation
· Which equations are solved in a CFD software package?
· Application of Finite Volume Methods to solve the equations
· How to setup a mesh for CFD simulations
· Practical CFD: From the real world to the simulation model
- What to do before starting a simulation
- Assumptions and simplifications in CFD
- Boundary conditions
- Grid generation
- Problems / pitfalls in running CFD simulations
· Quality of CFD simulations
- How to check the results / possibilities checking the results
- Verifying and validating the CFD results
· Future trends in CFD (fluid structure interaction, optimization, ...)
· Examples / workshop / discussions
Event Type: Course
Location: Wiesbaden Germany
Date: November 20, 2013
Gangolf Kohnen has over 25 years of combined teaching, research and industrial experience in CAE applications with a focus on CFD. Gangolf Kohnen is head of the department of Mechanical Engineering - Virtual Engineering at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mosbach.
Platter Straße 2,
Tel. +49 (0)611 - 1882 - 0
Fax +49 (0)611 - 1882 - 200
Bitte buchen Sie Ihr Zimmer im Hotel unter dem Stichwort „NAFEMS“ selbst. Die Übernachtungskosten sind nicht in den Teilnahmegebühren enthalten.
Maximal 20 attendees
Non NAFEMS members: 850 Euro / Person*
NAFEMS member: 550 Euro / Person*
Proceedings, lunch, coffee breaks and certificate included.
* plus VAT if applicable.
This course can be booked as in-house course. Please request a quote.
Up to 3 weeks before course starts: free of charge;
up to one week before: 50 %;
later and no show: 100 %.
Absage eines Seminars
If not enough participants we keep the right to cancel the course.
Organisation / Contact
Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz GmbH
Osterham 23, D-83233 Bernau am Chiemsee
Tel. +49 (0) 80 51 - 96 59 3 49,
Fax +49 (0) 80 51 - 96 74 3 37