PSE Certification Levels
Applicants can gain certification in any number of technical areas.
For each technical area, competency can be claimed at one of the following levels:
- Employs available software tools in an effective manner.
- Able to work in a supervised capacity when provided with clear guidelines.
- Doesn't take on general tasks without supervision.
- Typically applies to trainees and/or technician level staff working under the supervision of a person(s) with appropriate competence who will sign off the results.
- Has sufficient knowledge and comprehension of theory to employ available software tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work in an independent manner without supervision.
- Conducts appropriate checks on results.
- Is aware of their own limitations when faced with new or novel problems.
- Observes professional practices.
- Can take on a range of complex, novel tasks without supervision.
- Plans analysis strategies and validation studies.
- Provides effective advice and guidance.